February 9, 2012

DIY Camera Fill Flash Bounce

Hello lovelies! I found this tutorial on DIY Photography and got so excited that I just had to share it with all of you!


It is so easy, but it makes all the difference in the world!

It is as simple as taking a white business card and cutting slits into one side to fit right in front of your flash on your camera. Like so...


I am trying a thin piece of cardboard for mine right now, it does great fill, but when you are trying to do straight forward shots, it puts your subject in a shadow. I am going to test out a plain piece of printer paper to see if it works.

So far, I am in love with the results though!

This is a photo with no bounce –


Notice how yucky and harsh the lighting is.


This is a photo using the business card light bounce. The difference is incredible.

[Neither photograph was photoshopped or enhanced, to show the true difference in camera]

I know this will cure all of my poorly lit indoor night photography!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment