February 24, 2012

How To: Make a Place mat Purse

Hello Lovelies! Today is such a beautiful day here in Fort Collins! Gosh, following that horrible cold wind yesterday it is such a blessing!

I wanted to highlight that I wrote another fun How To for College Avenue and you should all check it out!

I found two different fun tutorials on how to make a place mat purse and wanted to share it with both my wonderful college fans and all of you of course!






I had lots of fun making this purse! It cost less than $3. The place mat was $1 at The Dollar Tree, the button was $0.25 at the army surplus store (who knew?!), the thread was from a kit at the dollar store and the elastic was an old hair band!

You can find the my tutorial on College Avenue for a very simple version of the purse. I might try making another one with pockets, but I will be sure to follow up with a new post on how I did it ;)

I found these other two very helpful tutorials on Happy Together and Lil Blue Boo, which give lots of options for the tutorial.

I got a new sewing machine! I love it soooo much! It is a Singer Simple and it is so lovely, I haven't been able to get off of it since I got it! Love love love!

Enjoy your weekend! I hope it is as gorgeous where ever you are as it is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment