November 19, 2011

DIY: Flag Banner

Hello lovelies! I was feeling crafty again today and since I wasn't all bogged down with homework, I decided to make a little flag banner to brighten up our dull, ity-bity, airplane bathroom (as we like to call it).

This is what you will need:
  • scrapbook paper
  • hot glue gun
  • X-acto knife or scissors
  • yarn
  • markers (optional)
  • vintage book pages (optional)
 First you draw out your flags on the back of your scrapbook paper and cut them apart.
 Then you fold the top of the flags over about 3/4 of an inch.
 Then line out your flags to decide what pattern you want.
 Hot glue the backs of the folded part of the flag to the bottom, creating a space where you can pull the yarn through.

Customize them as you like with your markers and vintage paper and string them up! I recommend using a crochet hook to pull the yarn through!
I loved it so much I put it up by our stairs as well!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment