December 6, 2011

Learning new things...

Hello lovelies! I sure hope you are staying warm, because it is freezing here! I have been learning lots of new things, primarily knitting. My friend Kristen from the Gingersnap Society blog gave me private lessons on how to do a simple knit and I have been discovering lots of new patterns!



This is the product that I ended up with on my first try, and though it has some flaws, I am pretty proud of it! It is just a simple knit, but it is so fun and relaxing to put it together.

Since I wasn't sure whether I wanted to pick up knitting or not, I didn't want to commit by buying needles until I was sure it was something I wanted to do, which it was! So, I knit my ear warmer with mechanical pencils, and I wanted to list a few other common household items you could knit with!

  1. mechanical pencils
  2. pens
  3. skewers
  4. fingers (there are tons of tutorials on how to finger knit!)
  5. chopsticks (preferably smooth ones, not ones that will catch on the yarn)
  6. flat head screw drivers
I hope you try it and love it as much as I do!

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. You're cute! I loved knitting when I used to do it regularly. I will get back into it when I have more time. I like to finger knit too, and it's super easy!

    ReplyDelete